Monday, 30 August 2010

Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight challenge


Hey everyone, this is your chance to really shine, the Spotlight challenge at Crafty Cardmakers is Glitter & Sparkle. For my DT card I have used Her Handbag and The Shoe images from Sketching Stamper, I love these images - I think they look so glamourous :o), and coloured them with Promarkers and just a little(!) of Champagne coloured Stickles, I also used Glossy Accents on the jewel clasp on the front of the bag. I then edged the white card with a small toning inkpad, cut around the shoe and used foam pads to stick it in front of the handbag.
My backing papers are from the aptly named All Dressed Up stack from DCWV and as they were already glittered they seemed perfect for this card. The sentiment is an old Stampin Up one and the oval and scalloped oval are cut with Stampin Up punches. The flowers are Prima and the centre is a small punched circle cut from the left over DP and covered with Glossy Accents.
The challenge will run for a fortnight and the winner will receive:
  • A bottle of dazzling diamonds glimmer mist - This gives an excellent clear sparkle finish to your cards.
  • A sakura stardust pen in clear - Great for adding highlights and is VERY sparkly!
  • A quickie glue pen - Use this to add loose glitters or glamour dust when the glue is blue or let it dry clear and add foils, fab tool!
What are you waiting for?!

I'm also entering my card for these challenges:
Creative Card Crew - Sparkle & shine
My Time to Craft - Handbags
Bee Crafty - Anything goes
Quixotic - Shiny, happy people
Wild Orchid - Make it sparkle
If the Shoe Fits - Colour challenge

11 comments:

Jack said...

Fabulous card using a gorgeous image. Love the sparkle you've added. xx

Josephine said...

I just love this card. The image is lovely and you've made it really stand out with all that sparkle. Gorgeous!

Cor* said...

Oh I totally wanted to slip these shoes on when I saw this image. You did a wonderful job with bling stickles! LOVE IT>

Jane said...

Razzle Dazzle...gorgeous!! XX

mforquer said...

Wow this is too cute! Love those shoes!!!
Melissa

Vixykins said...

Coloured beautifully, thought it was printed decoupage it looks that glossy!

Kim said...

Oh my word this is stunning hun! Your coloring is fabulous and I love how your handbag and shoe look so real!!! All the bling totally brings your card to life! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Tracey said...

this is just stunning! your coloring of the bag and shoe...amazing! and the stickles...so blingy! thanks for joining us at If the Shoe fits...SCRAP IT

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card, the handbag is lovely! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Made by Mandy said...

I love the shoe design, seen a few cards made with it an it is so elegant but never seen the bag before. Did you merge the 2 together? Must learn how to do that.

Lovely card :)

Marjo said...

I adore this card. The color combo is fantastic and the bling is gorgalcious!

Hugs, Marjo