Thursday, 20 January 2011

Well it's Thursday already - can't believe how quickly this week has gone so far - and it's a beautiful winter's morning, the sky is clear, there's a heavy frost and it's very cold but it's just the kind of day I love so in a little while I'm going to wrap up, plug in my iPod and go for a good long walk. 

Before that though I have a card to share which I made a couple of days ago, I won the image on a Pollycraft challenge before Christmas and this is the first chance I got to colour it up. I used my Promarkers along with Sakura stardust pens for some subtle glitter. I then distressed the edges of my DP and the cardstock and also stamped some flowers and vines which I then covered up by the little fabric flowers! I used faux stitching on one of the DP layers and added some lace which I picked up at Hobbcraft - must go and stock up on that kind of thing - reserves are getting low. I finished the flowers off with little flatbacked pearls then added a button with some soft rainbow fibres and finally punched a sentiment using a Stampin Up punch.


Entering today's card in these challenges:
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Anything goes
Stampin' Royalty - Anything with wings
Corrosive Challenges - Lace and Pearls
Flutter by Wednesday - Open
Top Tip Tuesday - All sentimental
Pollycraft - Sweet pastel colours
Pattie's Creations - Anything goes
Wild Orchid - Let's get sentimental

16 comments:

Pattie G said...

What a pretty card! Love the image too, Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
hugs ♥

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Jenni such a pretty image.xxx

Sandi said...

Jenni - I love your coloring of the image, and colors of your creation!
Well Done!
Thanks for playing in our challenge!
☺ Sandi
DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Birgit said...

Love the card!! She is so dreamy and the colouring is great and so is the layout. I really love the sentiment. I felt a little blue today(no pun intended)and then I read the little sentiment you placed on the card and, together with the dreamy fairy and flowers and glitter, it made me feel a little better-thanks!

Alex said...

Absolutely beautiful. The image and way you colored her totally caught my eye. So glad you told me where I can find her :)

Hands On said...

Gorgeous colours. Love that fiary . Perfect for a little older girl. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Jen Leeflang said...

You have created a beauty!! The colouring is fabulous!Thanks for joining us on Pattie's Creations Design Challenge this week.
Love JenLee
PCDC Design Team 2 Lead

Heike said...

Wow, your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'All Sentimental' challenge.

Hugs
Heike

Janet said...

great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
hugs

Manuela said...

Hi.
What a fabulous card. I love the image of the little fairy. Lovely sentiment too.
Thank you so much for joining us at Penny's Challenges.
Manuela

Courtney said...

What a gorgeous card Jenni! Thank you for sharing it with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

Courtney~

Caroljenks said...

Such a pretty little fairy - beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'All Sentimental' challenge :)

Carol x

Lisa said...

Beautiful fairy! Thanks for joining for the Pollycraft Challenge this week!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

So precious Jenni! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges. Hope to see you again next challenge!

Anne said...

What pretty colours and a great sentiment!

Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope you’ll join us again!
Hugs
Anne

Meilani Z. Smith said...

Such a beautiful stamp set. Thank you for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.