Sunday 17 May 2009

Creative Inspirations challenge

I am excited to have been chosen as a permanent Design Team member for Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog and am looking forward to taking part in all the challenges and to visiting everyone's blogs to see their lovely creations.

This week the challenge is Favourites and I have chosen my favourite Leanne Ellis image to make this card. My husband reminded me on Friday that Tuesday is our wedding anniversary - I can't believe I forgot! We've been married for nineteen years and this is the first time I've forgotten. I used my new job as an excuse for forgetting and quickly rushed off upstairs to make a card, in fact I made 2 anniversary cards in case he clocks this one and I also made him a birthday card as today is his birthday (I hadn't forgotten that though lol)

Anyway enough of the waffling and on to the card -



I coloured the image with my Promarkers and used backing paper from Basic Grey as the base for the card, I mounted the image on some free paper from Scrapbooking Magazine which I stamped with a flourish. I then mounted it on Black Magic Core'dinations which I'd embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and distressed to show the core colour and finished off with a piece of ribbon from my stash and a sentiment from a Woodware set of stamps. I also cut a heart from a second stamped image and doodled the string to hang it from. Hope you all like it!

6 comments:

rozzyb said...

fabulous card Jenni. ilove the image
hugs rozzy xx

Flippinpest said...

Great card Jenni, glad that you managed to get it done on time hehehe

Siobhan Brignull said...

this is a great card Jenni, I really like Leanne Ellis as well and have been on her Etsy shop and bought an ATC from her, it was just so cute, that image is in ther new range so may have to add that to the shopping list. Well done on doing so well with your craft you must be thrilled to pieces and pinching yourself to make sure you are awake. Its all well deserved, think I can sell your work on ebay yet, HAHAHA, only joking. Siobhan

Spyder said...

Jenni, I'm so sorry I thought I'd Emailed you (but my laptop and Mr Blog have been playing up) There's a little something for your lovely blog over on Spyder's Corner. It's slipped down a bit now, but if you type Jenni into the blog search (top left hand corner) you will find it!!

((Lyn))

Saskia said...

Great card! I love your colour-combination!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Deborah said...

You are great with colour, Jenni. Those stamps are really cool too.