Sunday 10 July 2011

Lynsey's birthday

Thursday was my gorgeous daughter Lynsey's birthday so of course I had to make a card for her. I'd forgotten I had this stamp and although I'm a big fan of Leanne Ellis's images I hadn't got round to using it yet so when I spotted it while flicking through my unmounted stamps I thought this was a suitable time to ink it up for the first time. 

I coloured the image with Promarkers (have you checked out the extra fine nibs yet - I'm just about to order a batch!) and once again used backing papers from the Cloisonne set from GCD Studios - loving these papers :o) The lace is almost the last of a length I've had in my stash for ages and I swapped the pale blue ribbon it came with for one which matched my colour scheme.

I also decorated the box (a lovely necklace Neil picked out as one of her presents was in), to match the card.

 


Entering the card for these challenges:
Paper Creator's Crafts  - Special Occasion 
Wags 'n Whiskers - Birthday
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge - Use something from your stash
Charisma Cardz - All about flowers - plus a *DT Call*
Cute Card Thursday - Lace
Stamp Insanity - Anything goes

10 comments:

Doreen said...

What a stunning card,I just love it .xxx

Jennifer Scull said...

this is just beautiful! I bet she loved it! :)

Jennifer Scull said...

forgive me for being so stupid, but I just noticed your digi store link on the side bar. you have some wonderful images! will have to do some shopping soon! :)

julie_woolston said...

Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at Paper Creator Crafts


Julie x

Anonymous said...

I did love it and am now using the box to store pens on my desk - thanks mum xx

Deloris said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining the challenge at Art Impressions. Hope to see you again next week.

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

This is a terrific image, So glad you joined us at WNW this week! Good luck :)
Hugs
Tammy Louise

KC said...

your coloring is amazing! I love it all and I sure hope she did too. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Insanity!

Lin said...

OH MY Lynsey must have loved this gorgeous card. Perfect.

Lin xx

Darlene said...

Such a beautiful card and present to match! Just gorgeous! LOVE that lace! She's going to LOVE them!
Thanks so much for joining our Birthday Challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers! We certainly hope to see you again next challenge! Fabulous creation!

Darlene
WnW DT