Wednesday 17 March 2010

A way to calm down

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON - the iconic wartime poster phrase is something I have to keep reminding myself of at the moment. Who knew life could get so stressful?? My way of keeping calm is to find some time to go off and make a card in my small corner of my youngest son's bedroom. Things are going to have to change round here over the coming months and I may well lose my little oasis for a time but will have try to find a way to carry on with my crafting if only to preserve my sanity!


Yesterday's therapy was based on a sketch on the Passion for Promarkers challenge, Miss Anya was coloured with my Promarkers and mounted on blue card. I used Sparkly Sweet papers from K&Co, edging the layers with blue ink to lift them a bit from the base layer. I made the flowers by making a running stitch along a 3" length of lace and tying my thread in a knot to gather the lace into a circle, I then fed the thread through the holes in a button and tied another knot - simples! Hope you like my card, thanks so much for stopping by :o)
Challenges I'm entering this card for:
Passion for Promarkers - Sketch
Anyone for Anya - Spring Fever
Pink Elephant - Spring
Crafty Cardmakers - Feminine Celebration
Pile It On - Pastels
Pixie Dust - Buttons and Flowers

14 comments:

Wiccababe said...

fabulous card Jenni, super colouring and perfect choice of papers
thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Stacy said...

Love all the fun bright colors.

Michele Roos said...

WOW!! Love your gorgeous card Jenni. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Audrey said...

What a stunning card. I lvoe the flowers and your coloring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jenni, what a girly card - I love it! Such a cute image and your colouring is awesome. You've used some of my fave papers and the lace flowers look amazing. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This sure is gorgeous!! LOVE the coloring and those lace circles look fabby!! TFS! HUGS

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Ohhhh...LOVE the lace flowers, very pretty! Also like your papers and ribbons!

Love from AFA?!

Renata

craftymum said...

A lovely card. Thanks for joining PFP this week
Love Sarah (GDT) XXX

Julie said...

A lovely card with very pretty spring colours. Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya.

Trudi said...

Very pretty Jenni! Thanks for playing along with our Spring challenge at TPE!

Unknown said...

Im so glad that you found us, well done for entering your gorjuss card - i adore those flowers is that lace ? thanks so much for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Annie said...

A totally cute card. Love that image. Thanks for playing along with our Spring theme at The Pink Elephant. Just love your entry.
Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I LOVE K&Co! And what gorgeous little flowers.
Jack (Crafty Cardmakers)

Ida / Little said...

Hi Jenni, you have made such a gorgeous card. And who can't love that cute Anya? :) Thanks so much for joining us at PfP this week!

Hugs Ida