Thursday 22 April 2010

At last some time off!

This week I've finally had a day to myself - it's been a busy month so far and I've been finding it difficult to get much of anything done until this week when I've had a couple of hours in the afternoons and and a whole day on my own today.

So what have I been doing? Well I have managed to get three new digi stamps completed and made cards out of all three, I've also been practising the new (to me) art of Zentangle. My sister Gillian showed me a couple of these pieces of doodle artwork online when she was here and this week I have been having a shot at it myself. I love it - it is such a relaxing way to pass a bit of time, especially when you can listen to the TV but not need to watch. Very good for de-stressing which is very much a requirement at the moment! Here is an example of what I've been doing:

As well as that I want to share one of my cards made with one of the new images - this one is Julia, she is enjoying a lazy swing in the garden and unlike me looks as if she has no stress at all!
I coloured her with Promarkers and doodled some flowers on her dress and added some Stickles for a glittery sparkle. The backing papers are Lime Rickey by Basic Grey and the sentiment is Stampin Up. I used some organza flowers from my stash which I was on the verge of giving away - thought I'd never find a use for them - with a couple of paper roses and some lovely bright yellow Prima flowers and I love the way they all work so well together.



This card fits the challenges at:
ABC Challenge - S is for sparkle
Crafty Creations - distressing
Fab'n'funky - Get it all out - unused stash that is!
Passion for Promarkers - In the garden
Digital Tuesday - April showers or flowers
Twisted Thursday - flowers

Thanks so much for looking, hope you are all having a great week!

19 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Gorgeous card! Love the sweet image, the papers you used are beautiful. And I love the sketch!
Thanks so much for joining us at the DTC!!

Siobhan Brignull said...

love the doodling zentagling, have you thought about doing a journal as that would be a great page, see Art from the HEart and Kathryn Wheel links on my blog if you wanta find out more.

June said...

Love your zentangle Jenni, Something I knew you would be good at after seeing your polka doodles. Love the card too its lovely
hugs June xxx

Gillian said...

Hi Jenni
Love the zentangle it really is a stress buster isn't it! Love the card too :0) XX

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jenni, what a pretty card. The image is gorgeous and I love the bright colour scheme you've used. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Jenni, your doodling looks great.
Thanks for joining us at PFP this week,good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Wiccababe said...

lovely card Jenni
thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Jane Wetzel said...

gorgeous doodleing and LOVE your card! thanks for joining us at S2G!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous sparkles

Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Emma said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

andrea said...

gorgeous card,love the papers and fab image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Ida / Little said...

Gorgeous card, the image is coloured beautifully and the papers match so well! Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :)

Hugs Ida

Gina Lindsay said...

You definitely captured the look of spring here. Love the color combo and your flowers. Thanks for playing along with us this week at S2G.

I love your zentagling. I haven't done one of those in a while, but I agree, they are so relaxing, thanks for sharing.

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Jenni. Love the colours you've used and the details also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Anne said...

Such a pretty card, love those flowers!

Thanks for playing along at Shirleys2Girls
Hugs
Anne

Anne-Marije said...

What a great card!
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge.
xxx Anne-Marije

Ann English said...

Such a pretty card-love the image, too! Thank you for joining us this week at S2G for Twisted Thursday!

Deanne Clarke said...

Beautiful card!

Thanks for participating in the Shirley's 2 Girls blog challenge!!!

Anonymous said...

Infinite discussion :)