Saturday 24 April 2010

Scrap the Art challenge 6


This fortnight on Scrap the Art we have used the 'Hand with reflecting sphere' by M.C.Esher ca. 1935 as our inspiration. I decided to go for a monochrome theme as Esher worked almost exclusively in black and white and his style was very graphic so I wanted to use a strong image and repeat it. I doodled a couple of flowers which I printed out in various different sizes I then cut them out and edged them with distress inks and misted with water to soften them. I then scrunched them up to shape them a bit and stuck them on my die cut circles, adding a few little paper flowers to fill the gaps. I finished it off with some diamonte gems and a button in the centre. I'm still debating whether to add a sentiment but really not sure about that. The flowers will be available on Cardmadfairy's Creations later today.

I'm also entering the card in the following challenges:
DU2D - Flowers
Polka Doodles - Monochrome
Dutch Dare - Repeat Something
Paper Play - No Patterned Paper
Our Creative Corner - Blooming Blossoms
Secret Crafter - Distressing

18 comments:

Evonne said...

Jenni, thank you so much for taking part in this challenge for Paperplay! I love your creation, so detailed...its just fabulous! I was looking at it, thinking I've seen that somewhere else... Of course I realised where when I clicked into it!

Laura said...

It looks lovely :) I like your doodled flowers!

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

Wow,this is gorgeous! Classy and classic!

LorettaL said...

This is BRILLIANT!!!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us on the OCC this week!

brenda said...

Hi Jenni

Awesome work.

Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week.

B x

katesacraftybugger said...

wow this is a fantastic card, thanks for joining us at polkadoodles this week

Naomi (Sugar Brown) said...

Gorgeous. Would never have thought of doing that.

Nettie said...

So so stunning. Very fine detail. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles.x

Gillian said...

Hi Jenni
Love the flowers.
The card looks very sharp.
Hugs Gillian X

Deirdre said...

Jenni - oh wow... this is just unbelievable. Adore it.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

Julie M said...

Wow, Jenni - that is stunning (as is the inspiration piece) - I love those flowers and the stark black/white colour scheme. Perfect.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Kerry said...

Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles.

Laura.K said...

Gorgeous card. So many little perfect details.

Julie Leblanc said...

Very pretty, thanks for joining us at the OCC!

Sandra said...

very striking and lovely card. Thanks for joining in with our floral challenge over on Dare U 2 Digi Stamp.
Sandra x

Kris said...

Awesome! Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.

Tip Top said...

Lovely card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Fliss said...

Hi Jenni, this is really gorgeous and such a lovely shape.
Thanks for entering the Polka Doodles Monochrome challenge.
x
PS: Will try and do the Scrap the Art next time (wanted to do this but ran out of time yet again!)