Monday 11 April 2011

Spotlight - Teen boy

Design team member Fiona has set a challenge for you this fortnight and that is to make a card for a TEENAGE BOY.  It's one we often dread - making male themed cards so face your fears with this one!


I chose the Mo Manning image because it reminded me of my 15 year old son, who spends a great deal of his time playing on his X-box, and coloured the image with Promarkers. Used K&Co recycled cardstock and ran one layer through a ribbler to add texture then distressed the edges and sanded the surface with an emery board. Used recycled twine to attach button and added a sentiment from Personal Impressions.

Challenges entered:
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes + Optional - Something New (image)
My Grafico - Anything goes
Aud Sentiments - Something for a child
Fussy and Fancy - Something for a child
Simon Says Stamp and Show... - distressing

16 comments:

Josephine said...

This is lovely, Jenni. Mo's images are so often 'true to life' in their own way and this is certainly that!

Anonymous said...

Great card. I'm really loving these images! And I've got one of those paper ribbler things - must get mine out now I've seen what you've done with yours! xx

Dawn said...

Fab teenage boy card! I love how you've coloured his jeans! Great distressing too!
Thanks for sharing at My Grafico for our Anything goes challenge this month!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Jenni, love the image and your amazing colouring. Fab ribbling.

Donna x

Dragonlady said...

I find boys cards so hard but this is brilliant. Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

Audrey said...

What a great card. I love that image. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Pankti said...

Amazing teen boy card!! Thanks for joining us at MyGrafico.

Thanks,
Pankti
http://paintdlove.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Perfect card for a teen! Love the embellishments
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
julie

Jill said...

fantastic boy's card thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Debbie said...

Great card for a boy love it!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Candy C said...

Very cute teenage boy card! That could be a hard subject to create a card for...but you did a beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

Made by Mandy said...

Fab image for a teenage lad, I struggle with these cards myself so loving all the ideas.

Love Mandy xxx

gillyflower said...

love this brill card for any lad
gill x

Tineke's hobby said...

lovely boys card,nice papers and a great coloured image
Thanks for joining us at fussy and fancy this week
Tineke

Vixykins said...

Brllant jenni and love the texture x My ribbler is in the kids craft box :D

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I really like the corrugated background! Textures are such a nice, eye-catching addition : )

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah