Saturday 14 April 2012

Been Busy

Today I have had the first chance to try out the new Dylusion inks I bought with a gift voucher my fabulous daughter Lynsey gave me for my birthday - they are such fun to use and I know I'm going to have a great messy time playing around with them.
Right now I'm just getting used to the way they work on different surfaces- for instance I didn't much like the way they worked on my Moleskine Sketch Book - they went a bit dull and soaked through too easily but in the new 10x10 square wiro greyboard sketchbook, which I also got from the lovely Lynsey for Mother's Day, the colours remained bright and sat on the surface long enogh for me to transfer the excess ink to the opposite page as Dyan showed in her demo from CHA. I some of Dyan's rubber stamps for this page but cut the big bird from book paper and doodled it to match the smaller stamps colouring them all with the inks direct from the bottle with a brush.
I'm quite pleased with my first attempt and will definitely try to find more time for this kind of craftingin the future!





3 comments:

Gillian said...

Looks fab tempted to get some of those! Gill X

Catherine said...

This is fabulous.....

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! :)