Wednesday 15 February 2012

A gift box

I made this gift box for my niece Rachael's birthday present, The steampunk style necklace I chose for her had a key dangling from it so I decided to use a key stamp from Stampin Up to carry the theme on - it seemed quite appropriate for her 21st birthday. 


The backing paper is from a really old set of papers I bought at Costco around 5 years ago and I used the reverse of it to die cut my matting layer. The edges were all distressed either with ink or my special distressing emery board :o) The flowers all came from Wild Orchid and the die cut flourishes are from Whimsy Stamps. I finished it off with some lace from my stash and a fabric covered bird which was also from Wild Orchid.

I did take a picture of the necklace and earrings in the gift box but it was too out of focus to show so these are the pics from Bitter Island the great Folksy shop I bought them from:

 

Entering these challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Celebrations 
Make it Monday - Always anything goes
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Anything but a card
Oldie But Goodie Challenge - Lace (the backing paper is my old item)
Scrappy Frogs - Die Cuts 

21 comments:

Lisa xx said...

this is gorgeous, I can appreciate the work you've you've put into this. thank you for sharing with the cutie pies xx

jonim52 said...

What a gorgeous creation. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Sweet Stamps.

Linda Wescott said...

The box is beautiful...an extra gift in fact. I love the set you bought for her too. Hugs lin

MANSI said...

FANTASTIC WORK!!!Good to find you at MIM.

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful gift box, lovely work. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cutie Pie challenge, good luck, cheers Sue n x

Unknown said...

Wow your niece will love this!!!!! Gorgeous project!!!! Thanks for joining us at sweetstamps!~!!!

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Lovely box, it's like a gift too! Beautiful present for your niece. Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com and good luck in the challenge!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely gift box, beautifully decorated and I love the papers. Lovely gift too. Thanks so much for joining in The Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x x

catherine said...

The box is so gorgeous .
x catherine

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Such a cute little box. Love the key image. Thanks for joining the rose challenge at Sweet Stamps this week.

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous box,love all the details.I saw this at MIM and had to have a closer look.xxx

sara said...

beautiful love the vintage colours thanks so much for joining us at oldie but a goodie this week
hugs sara x x

Karen said...

Truly wonderful such a lovely vintage creation hun.
A really sweet keepsake.
Thank you for joining us at Make it Monday this week.

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.



Remember, to leave a comment for the other entries & be sure to mention you saw
them on Make It Monday.xx

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Jen, gorgeous project adore the embellies and colours Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stamps

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful gift box Jenni, its so elegant.
Thanks for sharing with us at Oldie But A Goodie this week and good luck with the challenge
Laurie x

Anonymous said...

Jenni this is lovely! Thanks for being a Cutie Pie for this Challenge! Woo x

Andrea said...

Very nice box - great paper and details. Thanks for joining stampfuncreativity.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

1CardCreator said...

This is beautiful. So glad I saw you at Make It Monday. ~Diane (I am # 23)

Angela said...

Wow what a gorgeous box,it looks really fantastic.
Thanks for joining us at SFC.
Many greetings
Angela

Stempelgedöns said...

Gorgeous creation. Love the vintage style.

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful box, adore all the embellishments.

Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe. I also have Candy on my blog if you want to hop over HERE.

Hugs Tracy x