Tuesday 4 November 2008

Fitted in a couple of cards

Managed to fit in a couple of cards yesterday while waiting for a new blade for my ringsaw to arrive in the post. The ringsaw is what I use to cut my glass - it really speeds up the process and helps me get through the quantity of glass I need to make at this time of year (not sensible enough to build up stock throughout the year :-)) but on Friday whilst cutting glass for 3 new angels the blade broke - Aaaargh! The blade is encrusted with diamond chips to easily cut through glass and costs £65 for a replacement!!









So the cards, first one I made with one of my Frosty Bob stamps from Blonde Moments and my new Spellbinders nestability dies to cut the scallop circles and stripy background paper from DCWV Christmas paper pack.
Next one was one of Elzybelles gorgeous Eskimo stamps, Juggling Eskimo, on another scalloped circle, the background was from Papermania Naughty & Nice pack.
Last I used the gorgeous new download Sweet Cheeks from Pink Petticoat to make the Baby's first Christmas card. The backing paper is also from Pink Petticoat.
By the time I'd got these done my blade had arrived and Neil had very kindly made the repair to my ringsaw and it was back to the porch for more stained glass.

5 comments:

hello gorgeous said...

Hi Jenni, I'm exhausted just reading about it! Lovely cards xxxxx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Love all three cards, especially the baby one. What a expensive hobby we have, glad its all mended now. Heidi xxx

hello gorgeous said...

Hi Jenni, I received a lovely award today and had to nominate 7 more - which was really difficult, whilst yours wasn't in the 7 I chose I have made a special mention on my blog about yours, pop on over when you have five mins xxxxx

MayJay said...

Lovely cards Jenni, the Eskimo is just sooo sweet.

June said...

Hi Jenni , wow that is expensive. Your glass projects are so beautiful though.
Love these they are gorgeous
Hugs June x