Monday 21 June 2010

Scrap the Art challenge 10

The tenth challenge at Scrap the Art is using this mixed media work by Sascalia , it is titled Dream Mermaid and it inspired me to print out a copy of my own Molly Mermaid (available over at Cardmadfairy's Creations) and colour her up with my promarkers. I used some stickles on her tail and then covered it all with glossy accents for a wet scales effect. The backing paper was a plain bluey green so I added some distress ink and then spritzed it all with a mixture of water and Pearl Pigments from Blonde Moments to give a watery effect then added some flat backed gems to look like bubbles.

The sponsor for this fortnight's challenge is Michelle Perkett who also has some lovely mermaid images in her Etsy shop here. The Design Team would love to see your entries so please go over and join in the challenge.

1 comment:

Red Cat Cards said...

These are such beautiful mermaids !! I really love them. Thanks so much for dropping by and for lovely comment =)