Wednesday 16 November 2011

More recycling

I've another project with the theme of recycling to share today, the new challenge at Crafty Creations asks for recycled elements on your project and for mine I have used wrapping paper from a birthday present my husband gave me as the backing paper, a raffia bow from an old project I was given by a friend and a fancy button from a charity shop. The digi image I have used is one of my teamie Deena's and is available from her Etsy shop, I coloured it with Promarkers and added some dimensional paint which puffs up with heat from a heat gun. I used distess ink on the cardstock and to stamp in the background and finished it off with a spritz of Glimmer Mist.


Challenges entered:
Cards For Men - Christmas Card
Critter Sketch - Monochrome
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge - Anything goes with a Digi
House of Gilli - Monochromatic
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
My Partner in Crafting Crime - Use Any Freebie
(or use something that you got for free, won, or is recycled from your home)

Dream Valley Challenges - Stitching 
Pile It On - Traditional Christmas
Creations by Gill M - Men's Monochrome
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - Make it Masculine
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas Traditions

17 comments:

marilynprestonn said...

Jenni this is a fabulous creation. I love the mix of Santa's hat and this awesome dp. Well done my dear. :)Peggy

Rene said...

Just gorgeous! Love the hat!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! To win this week's fabulous prize, just leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM. The more comments left, the greater your chance of winning! Good luck!
Rene :D

Janice said...

Lovely card, Jx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Jenni! Your coloring is fabulous!! I love the background stitched dp too.
smiles,Deena

Feebsy said...

Wow that paper is really gorgeous and I really like the image, the whole card looks amazing.

Feebsy
xx

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! What a great idea to use that gorgeous wrapping paper as your patterned paper with the beautifully-coloured image.

Jan Hennings said...

Always good to see a beautiful project using something recycled! Thanks for your sweet comment on my train on the Really Reasonable Ribbon project over on the blog...Good luck!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Like that background wrapping paper - has a western look to it, cute with the hat. Saw this on MIM - very cute.

Claire Phillips said...

Beautiful card Jenni - that puffy paint and button are gorgeous!Cheers Claire x

Mrs A. said...

You have worked such a lot of elements on this card and it really all works. Superb. Hugs Mrs A.

Lin said...

Another fabulous recycled project. Love that BP and your hat looks amazing.

Lin xx

NancyD said...

Love your background paper and your coloring is fab. Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenge this week. NancyD

Ann said...

Really cute; love the dimension you added! Thanks so much for joining us for the House of Gilli Challenge. :)

Rachel x said...

Fab card- I love the muted colours!! :)
Thanks for sharing with us at My Partner in Crafting Crime this time!! :)
hugs, Rachel x

Sandy said...

Lovely background on this one and that hat looks very realistic, just like Santa had just taken it off, LOL.
Sandy

Gill McCall said...

Jenni this is such a fabby card and i love how the puff has fluffed out and makes it pop off the card. Thanks for playing along in my challenge at CBGM this time

Sabina said...

Hello Jenni,
great monochrome in red, i like it very much.
Thank you for joining at CBGM
Sabina