Saturday 24 October 2009

Another day, another Halloween card!

This will be my final Halloween card for this year, I really need to be getting on with all the cards and other crafts for Christmas. I've 2 Craft fairs looming and must get working on stocking up for them. So will be spending all time when I'm not in the library flitting between my desk where I make my cards, my tiny Stained Glass workshop (our porch!) and in front of the telly where I have a tray on my knees to make jewellery.

Anyway back to today's card, which is a Design Team card for the new Your Special Delivery challenge blog.

If you haven't yet come across Your Special Delivery yet here's what the founder Gina has to say about her new site:

"Your
Special Delivery digital craft site is a new concept that allows talented crafters to display and sell their own digital stamps, papers, craft sheets, scrapbook files, and much more via a unique designers page.

It promises to become a valuable resource for crafters to view and purchase different styles of work for their own craft projects. So much more than a digital store which includes a forum, gallery, freebie page, and a page dedicated to promoting small artistic businesses."

I have made my card with a digi stamp Franny created by Gina herself, I coloured Franny with Promarkers and Twinkling H2o's and doodled a spider's web on her dress, then used a Stampin Up spider stamp to create the backing paper and inked the edges with a purple inkpad. The sentiment was stamped with scrabble style stamps and each letter cut out individually and the edges inked again with the purple. I stuck some black lace threaded with purple ribbon to the card behind my image and hung a delightful skull charm from it, finally I stamped along the bottom of the card with a lace border stamp again from Stampin Up.


Go and check out Your Special Delivery today and why not enter the challenge as well!

I'm also entering the card in the following Halloween challenges:
Penny's Challenges
Cute Card Thursday
and
Incy Wincy Designs

6 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

This is a fantastic card Jenni :)

Thank you fro joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge this week :)

Hope to see you again soon :)

Heather

lalkygirl said...

fab card ,just love the image and the layout
tracey x

gina rahman said...

Wow Jenni.

Firstly love the card, you turned Franny into something more than I could have imagined.

Great to have you create for the DT

Secondly thank you ever so much for the lovely post about the site. :)

Penny said...

Very very cute!!!

I'll be checking out that website for sure!

Thanks for participating with us this week!!!

Stacy said...

CUTE card! I love how you did the sentiment and the lace!

Cheryl said...

Wow, I LOVE this one! What a great image...ya did good!

Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you'll play with us again this week too!