Monday 13 December 2010

Something different!

We're having an extra special challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers for the next 4 weeks and its something a little bit different and a lot of fun! We'd like to see your Latest or greatest creation so anything you like or a particular favourite & here's the important bit, we'd also like to see your First or the Oldest one you have a photo of! Pop on over to the challenge blog to see the rules for this challenge.

We have a whole load of great sponsors for this challenge with lots of winners  too!  The prizes on offer are...

£10 voucher from Joanna Sheen

£10 voucher from The Stampman

$10 voucher for Stitchy Bear Stamps

Pack of 5 promarkers from Letraset

£10 voucher for Crafts & Me

£10 worth of stamps of your choice from Stamping all day


Like many of the other DT girls I've been crafting in one form or another for as long as I can remember but I started making cards on a regular basis when my youngest son was at playgroup (he's 15 now) and I remember taking a box of cards in to show the other mums my Mother's Day creations and having them snapped up there and then. Well that really got me going and when I think back to how simple and unsophisticated they were it makes me blush that I asked for money for them! Unfortunately I didn't take photos of any of my early cards and it wasn't until I joined an online forum and wanted to start sharing my work that I began to record what I was making.


The first card that I uploaded to the forum was mid-2008 and as you can see I wasn't very good
with the camera back then.
The papers was free with a craft magazine and the bird was cut by hand out of coloured cardstock.


My latest card is a Christmas card, finished yesterday, using a digi stamp from Stitchy Bear Stamps.
I coloured the image with Promarkers and added the sparkly strands on her hat using Glossy Accents.

Apologies for my picture - I has to scan this one as it was too dark by the time I'd finished yesterday to get a photo and for some reason I'm having technical troubles with my memory card this morning - the latest in a long line of things going wrong round here!



Please join in the fun with this challenge, we're all looking forward to seeing to see your oldest and your latest or greatest projects!

I'm also entering my card in the challenges at:
Lots to Do - Glitz
One Stop Craft - Sassy Christmas
Stamping with the Dragon - Make it sparkle
Cooking it up with Katie - Christmas, red & layers

22 comments:

June said...

Hi Jenni, that sounds like fun. does it have to be a card?
Hope you are well my friend
hugs June

dj1952 said...

Your card is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at TCC. Hugs, dj

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Jenni, fab challenge, your first card was sweet but your sassy card is amazing. Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft this week.
Hugs
Suzi xx

Zoechaos said...

Great idea oldest and newest and very brave. Thank you for sharing with us at Lots to do xx Zoe

Shelley said...

Love your sassy xmas card, thanks for joining us this week at oscc. Hugs Shelley xx

Katie said...

Cute card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

lalkygirl said...

fab idea for a challenge jenni ,will go and investigate now
i have a stylish blog award for you on my personal blog
tracey x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hiya, this is a great idea although my cards from way back when are a bit embarrassing!!! Thanks for joining in with Surprise us on OSAAT this week Hazelxoxo

Doreen said...

Great cards.Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Unknown said...

Wow this is gorgeous, I love the colour combo on your card, it's truly beautiful. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xxx

Anonymous said...

Very cute card. I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Stamping With The Dragon.

Hugs,
Beth

Made by Mandy said...

Hey your 1st card is brilliant, much much better than mine was.

It's so much easier now with a much better range of goodies to play with though.

Have a great Christmas Jenni

Lots of love

Mandy xxx

Mel said...

Hi Jenni
Wow your 1st card is just ..... wow!! you should be so so proud!
Love your new card too!
Hugs Melly xxx

Josephine said...

Two lovely cards - the first is so cute and the second is just gorgeous!

Best wishes for the Festive Season, and thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Cleota said...

Very cute! Love that background paper and the tree is a great touch. Thanks for playing along with us at TCC this week.

Cleota
DT Member

Lin said...

Jenni, there is absolutely nothing to be embarassed about with your first card it's lovely. Your most recent one is gorgeous!

If I don't get back before have a great Christmas teamie!!

Hugs

Lin

Floppy Latte Designs said...

What a lovely card. Fantastic coloring on the image and I adore the background!

Jess
Floppy Latte Designs @ StitchyBear Digital Stamps

Anonymous said...

Love your first card, especially the tail on the bird! And the latest is just gorgeous too. xx

Tammy said...

Both are great cards, love the fairy. Thanks for playing along with Stampin with the Dragon.

Dragons Lair Designs said...

cute card thank you for joining us here at the Stampin with the Dragon Challenge Blog.

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon Designs

Love crafts forever said...

Very beautiful card. Thanks for playing with Stampin With The Dragon and OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya

sammi said...

Beautiful card. The image is fantastic! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Stamping With The Dragon.