Monday 14 February 2011

Oops - nearly forgot!!!

Good grief - here we are at Monday again and I forgot that today I should be posting my card for the Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight challenge - should have saved my earlier post for tomorrow!!


Anyway - the spotlight this week falls on Plastic - we want you to use some kind of plastic on your creation - Friendly Plastic, Shrink Plastic, Acetate & I'm sure there must be many other kinds too!

I used Friendly Plastic for my DT card, I melted the Friendly Plastic with my heat gun and used a heart shaped cutter (like a metal cookie cutter but much smaller) to cut the hearts - I can only do 1 at a time because the plastic has to harden again before you can safely remove the cutter. I stamped a swirl on to the stamped & distressed background and glued the hearts on to resemble flowers. I made the word love from alphabet stamps and stamped it onto another piece of card. Added lace and flowers to finish it all off.

This card is entered for these challenges:
Paper Sundaes - Use 2 of the following: Flowers, Lace, Distressing and the Colour Pink
Stamp Something - Something for your Valentine
Stamp Man - Hearts
AiFactory  - Valentine's Day/Love 
Paper Crafting Journey - Love is in the air 
Pixie Dust Studio - Be my Valentine 
Rainbow Lady's - It's all about love
Creative Craft World  - Love

16 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Jenni, Ah this is super, love the colours you have used, thanks for playing on Rainbow Lady this week Hazelxoxo

Sheila said...

Jenni, This is beautiful. Such pretty wee hearts and I love the words too. FABULOUS!! Sheila:)X

Anonymous said...

I love this it is so beautiful and I really, really, really want that swirl stamp xx

Claire said...

What a gorgeous card! I love those little FP hearts. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge and good luck
Claire xx

Josephine said...

This is gorgeous! I love the papers you've used - they're so textured they look absolutely fabulous. And then your little hearts and swirls ... lovely.

Fiona said...

oh wow...I love this...soooo elegant!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Unknown said...

love this, so classy and elegant, well done chic

hugs
judie xx

MiniOwner said...

Oooh your card is just grgeous! Thanks for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Choccy said...

Love your card, Ive never tried plastic before, think i need to if the results are anywhere as near stunning as yours. I agree i need that stamp also.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for Lous' Love challenge.
Choccy x

Rainbow Lady said...

Gorgeous Jenni. I just got some friendly plastic but not played with it yet yours is super. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

Eiglas said...

Fab little hearts Jenni - really must try this as they are so pretty.
That swirl stamp is lovely too!
Hugs
Ei
x

Christine said...

Gorgeous Jenni, beautiful colours, thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week.
Christine x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Jenni, I love the whole design and am particularly jealous of your friendly plastic hearts. I have yet to play with this media.
Thank you for sharing this with us at The Stamp Man for our hearts challenge.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Debbie said...

Love the swirl

Hugs
NY Debbie

Mel said...

Aww Jenni

I just love this!
Those wee hearts are so sweet! The card looks amazing, love the colours!!
Hugs Melly xxx

Made by Mandy said...

What a pretty card, I love the colours and the shrink plastic really adds to the card. Never used it myself but this looks like a great way to add dimension.

Love Mandy xxx