Monday 28 February 2011

Silhouettes

This week's spotlight challenge at Crafty Cardmakers is about Silhouettes another new challenge for me, I've never used a silhouette image before but I'm pleased with how this has turned out.


I used the digi stamp watching you by Stitchy of Stitchy Bear Stamps and printed it onto white cardstock - my printer has been playing up recently and any tone on an image is printing out green (?!) in this case it works quite well although other times it can be a bit of a nuisance! I used distress ink to colour my cardstock and sprayed some Dylusions ink to give the splattered fairydust effect. I added Stickles for sparkle on the wings, and made the flowers with lengths of twisted gold net, adding a light spray of the ink and finishing them off with dew drops to the centers. The sentiment is by Hero Arts.

Entering the following challenges
Corrosive Challenges - Distressing
Allsorts - Make your own Flowers
Card Creations & More By C - Sparkle 
Challenge Up Your Life - Fairytales 
Fabulous Friday - Use metal on your card, project, layout (the butterfly is metal)
Fairy Knoll - Feeing a little green 
Patties Creations - Make your own embellishment 
CCEE Stampers - Distress your papers 
Crafty Purple Frog - A touch of magic 

16 comments:

Paula Bee said...

What a pretty card! I love the silhouette image! Thanks for joining us at Card Creations & More!!

Josephine said...

Gorgeous, Jenni! I love that image, and the green tones in the wings are lovely. I love those flowers too - really pretty.

Mel said...

Aww Jenni

I just love it! Looks amzing with the green papers and orange/yellow tones!
Love it!
Hugs Melly xxx
Ps ou could have added this into my new Challenge Dream Valley Challenges, anything goes xxx

Sandra DeFalco said...

Jenni - I love your handmade flowers!
Well Done!
Thanks for playing in our challenge!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

gillyflower said...

this is so gorgeous love the colours you have used really great
gill x

Eiglas said...

Beautiful project Jenni - love the wings and as you say, the green really works for you!
Hugs
Ei
x

Regan said...

Lovely card! What a great silhouette image and I adore the flowers! So pretty! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

Janet said...

great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
hugs

Pattie G said...

What a pretty card! I love the handmade flowers and the image too. Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs ♥

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful and those flowers are fabulous. xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card!....

Thanks for making your own flowers this week for the Allsorts Challenge

Emma xxx

Vicky said...

Fabulous card I love the image its lush.
Thank you for joining us girlies over at Crafty Purple Frog, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

kaos said...

What a great card - love the silhoutte image - you worked it well!
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!

kaos

Barb Craft said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the flowers! Thanks for taking on our metal challenge at frosted designs this week!
barb :)

Crystal said...

Very pretty flowers and the image is stunning! Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!

Card Creations by C said...

This is really pretty. Thank you for joining us :)