Friday 25 February 2011

Sugar Bowl win

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to win six fabulous Sugar Nellie stamps in the Sugar Bowl challenge and I had a little time to play yesterday so inked up the first of them - this gorgeous Leanne Ellis stamp Belle Flower. 

When I had coloured the image I realised that I wanted to keep the card very simple to show to it off so I embossed the cardstock with a Cuttlebug folder instead of using a backing paper. I doodled around  the sentiment by Polkadoodles (which was free with Cardmaking Essentials) to tie it in with the border on the image. The roses came from Wild Orchid and the ribbon from Hobbycraft and I finished the card off with three glass flat backed pearls from Kars.


Entering the following challenges:
Forgotten Scraps - Spring or flowers
Freshly Brewed - ribbons and bows
Flourishes - Birthday
Oldie But Goodie Challenge - Spring is in the Air
Scrap-Creations - Birthday Cards
Crafty Sentiments - Spring
Do You Stack Up? - Anything Goes
Shelly's Images - Ribbon
Southern Girls - Brads, gems or dewdrops
Stampin' B's - Use a flower

18 comments:

Denise said...

Wow - this is totally gorgeous. Love the image and that huge bow looks great. Thanks for joining us at DYSU xx

Lin said...

WOW, can't wait to see what you do with the rest of your prize stamps, cos this one is just stunning. Love the little touch of embossing at the top of your paper. Isn't it funny how it takes seeing it on someone else's work to say to yourself 'why didn't I think of that?'. I always trim my bug embossing folders down to the embossed size, but this is just perfect the way you have it.

Lin xx

Miranda said...

just gorgeous, love everything about it
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Shazza said...

this is gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FBD x

Debbie said...

Wow, I agree that this is gorgeous!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Linby said...

Jenni I am so jealous, I really wanted to win those images, I have a wish list for the new Leanne Ellis stamps!
At first I couldn't understand where you had got the sentiment from, til I read you had "doodled" it, which is the biggest understatement, it totally looks like it belongs with the image - an amazing card.
Linbyx

Claire Phillips said...

This is stunning Jenni - first time I have seen that image by Leanne Ellis - I adore her work! Cheers Claire x

Francesca said...

Love the colours
Thanks for joining us at Oldie But a goodie this time and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Unknown said...

So pretty! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us this week at Shelly's Images for our ribbon challenge.

Cathy Glitter Happy said...

Great work Jenni pop onto my blog theres something there for you x

Fleur said...

This is really pretty. Thanks for joining our challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
Hugz Fleur xXx

WencheP said...

Gorgeous card! Love the soft colors and I absolutely love the image! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh so soft and pretty!!! I love all the white with this sweet image. That ribbon is GORGEOUS!

Thanks for playing along with is at Freshly Brewed Challenges ribbons and bows challenge.
Hope to see you at the hop on March 1

HUGS
Heather

Bev said...

wot a wonderful spring card. ty for joining us at crafty sentiments xxx

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Just dropping by to check out your great card! Thanks for playing along in the "Spring or Flowers" challenge at Forgotten Scraps. ;D

Kristen said...

Super cute card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations!

sue said...

This is gorgeous!! The colours are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

Axa said...

That image is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!